Bernadette Morrison - experienced cello teacher
- Native Australian English speaker.
- Also speaks French (to level B1).
- Worked for 14 years as a music teacher in various Australian and UK schools as well as privately since 2005. (Please email me if you wish to see my CV).
- Experience teaching individual and group classes (lessons, ensembles & orchestras).
Cello lessons in Aix Centre-Ville available for:
- beginners to advanced students
- from age 5 to adult (to any age)
- learning cello for fun or with serious goals
- preparing for diplomas or exams
- preparing for orchestras, scholarships, admittance to schools, universities/conservatories
- personal performance techniques
- tailored lesson plans to individual students' needs and interests (including different styles and methods)
- overall passion for teaching and helping students grow in an encouraging, nurturing and fun environment.
- M.Mus Studies (Perf), Sydney Conservatorium of Music, University of Sydney
- B.Mus (Perf) Honours (2011), Sydney Conservatorium of Music, University of Sydney
(with accreditation in Music Pedagogy (teaching), Music Theory (Harmony and Aural Analysis), Music History and Solo, Orchestral and Ensemble Performance)
- GradCert.Mus (Orchestral), University of Tasmania (placed on the Dean’s Roll of Excellence).
- L.Mus and A.Mus (AMEB - Australian Music Examination Board, highest performance diplomas).
Orchestral Performance Experience:
2011 – 2018: Worked as freelance and/or full-time orchestral and ensemble cellist in Australia, New Zealand and the UK, including:
- Southbank Sinfonia (full-time, London UK, collaborating/training with Academy of St Martin in the Field and the Royal Opera Orchestra),
- Auckland Philharmonia Orchestra (NZ) part-time contract cellist
- Australian Youth Orchestra: various programmes
- Sydney Symphony Orchestra: Sydney Sinfonia programme
Please contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org